When Oris unveiled the Artelier Calibre 111 in 2015, it marked a significant moment in the company’s history – the rebirth of Oris’s in-house movement development programme. Now part of Oris folklore, the landmark watch is back, this time with a piercing blue dial that gives the line a stylish twist.
The magic of Artelier Calibre 111 was – and remains – in itsunique combination of complications. Its hand-wound mechanical movement delivers a 10-day power reserve, an Oris patented non-linear power reserve indicator and a date indication.
Oris is the only Swiss watch company with a movement that brings these features together in a single watch.The watch’s huge power reserve is stored in the standout feature of the movement’s architecture, a single, oversized barrel, visible through a sapphire crystal case back. That in turn feeds the non linear power reserve indicator at 3 o’clock. This is governed by a specially developed ‘worm gear’ also visible through the caseback, and shows the time remaining with ever greater accuracy as the time to rewind the watch approaches.
Calibre 111 was developed over a six-year period. Despite delivering exceptional performance, it still conforms to Oris’s value philosophy. Ever since 1904, when the company was founded by two watchmakers in the Swiss town of Hölstein, Oris has combined state-of-the-art industrial manufacturing techniques, traditional hand-craftsmanship and sensible pricing to create beautiful, memorable watches designed to last a lifetime.
The new version of the Artelier Calibre 111 continues the legacy and positions Oris as one of the Swiss watch industry’s most pioneering mechanical watch innovators. It comes in a 43mm stainless steel case with a deep blue sun-ray dial and on a dark blue or black Louisiana croco leather strap, or on a superbly engineered stainless steel bracelet. It is presented in a luxurious wooden box and will go on sale in December 2017.
OrisArtelier Calibre 111
Ref. No. 01 111 7700 4065 LS, Ø 43.0 mm
- Oris-developed Calibre 111, hand-wound, 3hz, 21,600vph, single barrel
- 10-day power reserve, patented non-linear power reserve indication at 3o’clock, small seconds and date at 9 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case and stainless steel crown.Water-resistant to 3 bar
- Double curved sapphire crystal top glass with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed stainless steel case back with see-through sapphire crystal
- Blue sun-ray dial with applied indices and numerals, and polished nickel hourand minute hands with Super-LumiNova® inlay
- Dark blue or black Louisiana croco leather strap with stainless steel folding Also available with stainless steel bracelet
- Luxurious wooden presentation case