Sometimes, a watch design epitomises the essence of Swiss watchmaking heritage in a way others can’t. One such design is Oris’s Classic Date, a pure expression of Swiss design and manufacturing savoir-faire. This year, Oris has updated the Classic Date for a new generation of consumers.
The new Classic Date has a more elegant profile. Oris’s designers have slimmed down both the case and the bracelet, in keeping with the tastes of today’s watch buyers. Both men and women in search of a classic watch that can slip easily between daywear and dress wear want slender watch designs that give them confidence and make a subtle, but powerful statement about who they are.
But what really stands the Classic Date apart is its attention to detail. The guilloché pattern in the hour chapter ring around the dial is inspired by the glazed canopy of the Great Court at The British Museum, an iconic glass structure designed by Lord Norman Foster, one of the world’s greatest living architects. The knurled ring below the bezel takes its cues from the Roman columns in the same building. And the watch’s Roman numerals and hour markers are double-edged, a considered touch that means the watch catches the light regardless of the angle.
The Classic Date is available as a 42mm men’s watch and a 28.5mm ladies watch. Both are powered by automatic mechanical movements visible through a transparent case back, and come with a choice of case materials, dial colours and strap and bracelet combinations. In each case, the Classic Date communicates style and elegance, giving the wearer a timeless, hugely versatile watch.
Oris Classic Date
Ref. No. 01 733 7719 4071/4371/4373/4871, Ø 42.00mm
- Automatic mechanical movement Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with
date at 6 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case or steel case with decorative knurled ring
with rose gold PVD-plated bezel or rose gold PVD-plated steel case. Water-resistant to 5 bar
- Flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed case back with see-through mineral glass
- Silver or dark grey guilloché dial with applied rose gold PVD-plated indices
and Roman numerals. Rose gold PVD-plated hands. Hour and minute hands
filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Multi-piece stainless steel bracelet, or stainless steel combined with rose gold PVD-plated links. Also available with dark brown leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle
Oris Classic Date
Ref. No. 01 561 7718 4071/4371/4373/4871, Ø 28.50mm
- Automatic mechanical movement Cal. 561, based on ETA 2671, with date at 6 o’clock
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating inside
- White, grey or dark brown leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle. Also available with multi-piece stainless steel bracelet or stainless steel combined with rose gold PVD-plated links